Saturday, March 21, 2009

Holy Cow, I am on Spring Break!!!



Its already March 21st on my grand adventure. For those of you who are counting, that means that I am halfway done with my semester. I can't decide right now whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am having such a great time here that I think I will be really sad to leave, especially since I have made some very excellent friends here. On the other hand, I miss everyone at home like crazy though!! It still makes me happy to think about how many weeks I have left until I see everyone again. I am just such a homebody!!

So as my title reads, I am on spring break officially!!! Our break lasts for 3 WEEKS!!! I am so excited that I don't have to go to class for a while. It'll be so nice not to have to get up and go. Tomorrow morning I leave for Amsterdam and don't return until very late on Friday evening. That Sunday I leave for Greece, to Athens to see Hilary Carr (my best friend ever) until the following Sunday. Then I take a few days off and go to Sweden with my family here for Easter Holiday. WHEW!! I am going to be tired and dazed after these few weeks. I am glad I am giving myself a few days to catch up on rest and do homework for a little bit. I don't know if I could go for that long!!

Last weekend was the beginning of the traveling however and I went to Hamburg Germany for the weekend. Let me tell you Hamburg was a great city. I went with 6 friends, so we had a pretty substantial group, but it didn't matter. We went all over the city and saw pretty much every old church there and even got to go all the way up to the top of 2 spires. The most fun part of Hamburg was by far the fish market! Who would have thought? It was just like the images you see of the Seattle market with the throwing fish and the giant (German) men shouting at the crowds. The best part was the fact that the Germans were drinking at 7am and there was a live band. Who would have thought?

That's all for now! I will try and update when I back from Greece (I know, Greece!!!)

Love you Miss you

1 comment:

  1. Love you, miss you Jen. I take back my comment on not bloggin recently.

    ReplyDelete