Sunday, March 1, 2009

IT'S MARCH ALREADY



Holy Cow! Where has the time gone??? It's March already! I have been here officially for 1 and a half months. Who would have thought that I would have made it this far and not have come screaming home? I sure didn't. It's been a crazy month filled will ups and downs, but I am loving being in CPH. Denmark is finally starting to show signs of spring. The sun comes out at least once a week now and it is light until almost 6!!! I never thought I would be so happy about so little, but there you go. When I arrived just a little while ago the sun came up at 8:30 and set at 3:30, now we are up to about 7:15 and 6, which is a humongous difference. It is supposed to continue to get more and more light all the way through July. When I leave in May they tell me there will be something crazy like 18 hours of sunlight. I can't wait for this to happen!!!
This Month is travel month for me and my fellow American students. I just booked a tickets to go to Hamburg for the weekend of the 14th with a few of my friends. We're taking a train in and spending two nights at a hotel there. On March 22 I start my 3 week travel break from school. I will be spending a week in Amsterdam and the following week in Greece, my third week is up in the air still, but there is a good chance I will spend some of my time here relaxing and some of it at my family's lake house in Sweden. If it turns out I can't go with them, I may just book myself a ticket to Paris and go on a little adventure by myself. Who knows.
Otherwise nothing much exciting has taken place since the last time we spoke. I am struggling a bit with one of my classes and I am going to see tomorrow if I can drop it still. It looks like I should be able to, but let's cross our fingers just in case. I also got to experience my first festa lavn last week. It is a tradition similar to Halloween. I dressed up as a prom queen for lack of better costume alternatives!! It came out good though. I also went to see Katy Perry ("I kissed a girl and I liked it....") and 3Oh!3 in concert which was quite the adventure as I went by myself and the buses weren't running that day due to a strike. It was a fantastic concert!!!!

More later, but I miss you very much and send my love!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to see 3OH!3. For serious.

    Did they play, "I'm not your boyfriend, baby"? Because that's my faves. And if they did, I'm expecting that you sang along to the part that we taught you. You better have!!!!



    Take the white pill you'll feel alllrrriiigghhhtt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous too. Not because of 30H!3 (their a band?) but because you sound like you're having soooooo much fun.
    Love you. Be Safe.
    Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should have proofed it. Let me try again. (They're a band?).

    ReplyDelete