Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break!! Woooo




Hellooooo everyone!! So I am officially on spring break, if you haven't guessed! Last week I spent my time split between Groningen and Amsterdam Netherlands. I went on this trip with my school, so it was half academic and half leisure. We did a bunch of tour to schools to look at their programs but they also gave us a bunch of time on our own and scheduled some of our cultural visits for us. One of our first nights we went to the Anne Frank House. It was really amazing. It is a shock to see how they actually lived and what they had to go through on a daily basis. It was incredibly powerful. On the more fun side though, we had a great time walking through the red light district!! The girls were really fun to look at actually and it wasn't nearly as sketchy as everyone made it out to be. We went at night and it was incredibly touristy. We happened to be there at the time of a Holland vs Scotland soccer match so the district was filled with men in kilts which was pretty funny. It was really entertaining to watch all the guys reactions to the women. Some of them were really gross, but some of them were downright embarrassed by it, which was equally funny. In the middle of the district there is a giant church which was pretty ironic, but hey, it was still pretty. Unfortunately you can't take pictures in the district, so I can't really show you, but believe me, it was really cool
Otherwise Amsterdam was a lot of fun. The canals are absolutely gorgeous. We also got to go to the Van Goh museum. Right now they are having a special exhibition on his work at night which means i got to see all of his great masterpieces from around the world!!! they had all of his original starry nights and some of his great portraits. I got chills when I saw it!!
Right now I am sitting in Athens though and taking in the Grecian sun. Right now its kind of cloudy actually, but still warm. So far I have seen the acropolis and the parthenon which was amazing. I have also gotten hit on by a ton of creepy old men, which is also especially greek. I will tell you more about this trip at the end of the week. Hope you are all doing well!!!

SEE YOU IN 6 WEEKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment